Prosthodontics is a specialized branch of dentistry that focuses on the production of permanent dental prostheses. A general dentist is a primary dental care provider, offering routine checkups and cleanings, as well as basic restorative treatments such as fillings, crowns, and bridges. To become a prosthodontist, a dentist must complete three additional years of advanced training in a prosthodontic program. These experts specialize in creating personalized treatment plans for even the most complex cases.
Prosthodontics involves designing and implementing artificial replacements for teeth and gums, such as fillings, dentures, veneers, crowns, bridges, and dental implants. Replacing missing or damaged teeth is essential for many reasons. Not only can gaps in your smile be embarrassing, but they can also lead to other dental problems such as alignment issues, bone loss, and difficulties with eating and speaking. Knowing your prosthetic options can help you decide which treatments are best for restoring your oral health and giving you the confidence to smile again.
Ocean Breeze Prosthodontics is a dental office located in Delray Beach, Florida. Led by Nicholas Goetz and his team, they specialize in prosthodontic treatments as well as general and cosmetic dentistry services. Prosthodontic treatments are designed to restore the function and aesthetics of your smile. Depending on your individual needs, your prosthodontist may recommend one or more of the following treatments:
- Fillings: Fillings are used to repair minor cavities or chips in teeth.
- Crowns: Crowns are used to cover a tooth that has been damaged or decayed.
- Bridges: Bridges are used to replace missing teeth by connecting an artificial tooth to adjacent natural teeth.
- Dentures: Dentures are removable prostheses that replace missing teeth.
- Veneers: Veneers are thin shells that are bonded to the front of teeth to improve their appearance.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are titanium posts that are surgically placed into the jawbone to replace missing teeth.
They will take into account your budget, lifestyle, and aesthetic goals when creating a personalized treatment plan. With the right care and maintenance, your prosthetic teeth can last for many years.At Ocean Breeze Prosthodontics, we understand how important it is to have a healthy and beautiful smile. We strive to provide our patients with the highest quality of care and the most advanced treatments available. Our team is dedicated to helping you achieve optimal oral health and a beautiful smile that you can be proud of.